High School Teaching Guides
- Facing History & Ourselves Six-Week Unit designed to accompany the young adult edition of the Enrique’s Journey text. Includes section overviews, classroom activities, links to resources and handouts, discussion questions, and assessments.
- Teachers Pay Teachers Unit of Study for Enrique’s Journey (Adapted for Young People)
- Teachers Pay Teachers Who’s Who Character Graphic Organizer to help your students keep track of all of the main characters in Enrique’s Journey.
- Random House Teaching Guide Geared to the Common Core Standards, for High School and College students.
- PUENTE Teacher Guide with activities geared toward analyzing values and themes in Enrique’s Journey to help students gain a deeper understanding of immigration today.
- The Advocates for Human Rights primer on immigrations and asylum issues.
- Lit Chart for Enrique’s Journey good for teachers and readers. Full PDF available and interactive chart lists key themes and detailed analysis for each chapter of the book .
- Boston Latin Academy assignments providing students with questions to think about as they read as well as resources relevant to immigration.
- Unit plan/calendar on Enrique’s Journey created by Colorado State University student Rachel Stinson while student teaching.
- Santa Monica High School Teaching Guides: How to use Enrique’s Journey in everything from geometry to art classes. This guide provides vocabulary exercises, essay prompts, and other classroom activities.
- Interactive timeline on Enrique’s Journey
- A visualization learning activity used at Old Saybrook High School in Old Saybrook, CT
- Course Hero Study Guide for Enrique’s Journey, including chapter and plot summaries, character diagrams, and a timeline of events.
- Teachers Pay Teachers Lesson Plan Bundle includes a teaching guide with instructional materials such as reading assignments, discussion questions, quizzes, crossword puzzles, and classroom activities. Lesson plan is in PDF format.