High School Teaching Guides
- Random House Teaching Guide Geared to the Common Core Standards, for High School and College students.
- PUENTE Teacher Guide with activities geared toward analyzing values and themes in Enrique’s Journey to help students gain a deeper understanding of immigration today.
- The Advocates for Human Rights primer on immigrations and asylum issues.
- Lit Chart for Enrique’s Journey good for teachers and readers. Full PDF available and interactive chart lists key themes and detailed analysis for each chapter of the book .
- Boston Latin Academy assignments providing students with questions to think about as they read as well as resources relevant to immigration.
- StoryboardThat can be used as an engaging, visual activity that allows students to create storyboard versions of scenes in books, plays, and more.
- Unit plan/calendar on Enrique’s Journey created by Colorado State University student Rachel Stinson while student teaching.
- The New York Times’ learning blog, Text to Text, provides an activity that pairs Enrique’s Journey with a Times’ article and slide show about immigrant journeys.
- Santa Monica High School Teaching Guides: How to use Enrique’s Journey in everything from geometry to art classes. This guide provides vocabulary exercises, essay prompts, and other classroom activities.
- Interactive timeline on Enrique’s Journey
- A visualization learning activity used at Old Saybrook High School in Old Saybrook, CT